Where would my bankruptcy case be filed, and where would the hearings be held?
Morgan & Morgan handles bankruptcy cases in the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia. In most cases, a bankruptcy must be filed in the District in which you live.
MIDDLE DISTRICT OF GEORGIA
The Middle District covers a large area across the State from Southwest Georgia to Northeast Georgia. The cities and counties in our area that fall within the Middle District include the following:
- Clarke Athens, Winterville
- Madison Danielsville, Hull, Colbert, Comer
- Walton Monroe, Loganville, Social Circle
- Oglethorpe Lexington, Crawford
- Oconee Watkinsville, Bogart
- Greene Greensboro, Union Point
- Morgan Madison, Rutledge, Bostwick
- Putnam, Eatonton
- Franklin Royston, Franklin Springs, Bowman, Carnesville, Lavonia
- Hart Hartwell, Canon
Cases filed in the Middle District from the Counties above are filed with the Clerk of Court in Macon. However, any meetings and hearings are usually held in Athens.
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF GEORGIA
The Northern District covers a large area across North Georgia. The cities and counties in our area that fall within the Northern District include the following:
- Barrow Winder, Statham
- Jackson Jefferson, Commerce
- Banks, Maysville
- Stephens, Toccoa
- Hall Gainesville, Flowery Branch
- Gwinnett Lawrenceville, Snellville
Cases filed in the Northern District from the Counties above are filed with the Clerk of Court in Atlanta. However, meetings and hearings for cases in which the Debtor resides in Barrow, Jackson, Banks, Stephens, Hall, and several other counties are held in Gainesville.
Morgan & Morgan has over 30 years experience handling bankruptcy cases in both the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia. We offer a free consultation to fully review your financial situation and advise you of all debt relief options. Let us help you get the relief you deserve.